JS Roshan Kal Takaful
JS Roshan Kal Takaful is a protection & savings plan empowering you to accomplish necessary financial goals while providing you peace of mind through valuable Takaful coverage benefits. JS Roshan Kal Takaful is a regular contribution, unit-linked Wakalah Waqf Takaful plan that is Shari’ah compliant, underwritten by EFU Life – Window Takaful Operations.
What is Takaful?
Takaful is a Shari’ah compliant way of safeguarding yourself and your family against future financial losses. EFU Life’s Takaful model is based on the Wakalah-Waqf principal. Individuals in the community come together for a common purpose and contribute into a Waqf Fund operated by a Takaful Operator to protect themselves against future financial losses.
Features of JS Roshan Kal Takaful
JS Roshan Kal Takaful plan provides flexibility in selecting the level of Takaful cover as per your needs, as well as customizing the solution by including additional protection benefits.
The Sum Covered is determined as the Basic Plan Annual Contribution multiplied by the “Protection Multiple”, which may be selected from a range depending on the age at entry as illustrated below.
|Age||Levels of Coverage based on Protection Multiple|
|18 – 35||5||75|
|36 – 40||5||50|
|41 – 49||5||30|
|50 – 60||5||10|
|61 – 65||5||5|
Allocation of Contribution
Year-wise allocation percentages of the participant’s contribution are shown in the table below:
|Year||Allocation as percentage of Contribution|
|4 to 5||100%|
|6 to 10||103%|
|11 to 15||105%|
|16 to 20||107%|
|21 to 25||110%|
Takaful (Protection) Death Benefit:In case of an unfortunate event of death during the membership term, the Takaful benefit will be payable as follows:
The Cash value from Fund Acceleration Contributions in the Participants Investment Account (PIA)
Maturity Benefit:At the end of the membership term, the maturity benefit will be payable as follows:
Basic Cash Value of the Participant’s Investment Account (PIA)
Cash Value from Fund AccelerationContributions in the Participant’s Investment Account.
Additional Takaful Benefits:Participants can opt for following extra benefits:
- Additional Term Takaful
- Takaful Family Income Benefit
- Takaful Accidental Death Benefit *
- Takaful Accidental Death and Disability Benefit *
- Takaful Waiver of Contribution
*Note: Only one of the two accidental supplementary benefits may be selected
Surplus Sharing: You can enjoy unique feature of Surplus Sharing in addition to risk mitigation benefits. By contributing Tabarru (donation) into the Participant’s Takaful Fund (PTF), you may be entitled to a share of possible surplus in the form of bonus units in PIA to enhance your plan cash value.
Fund Acceleration Contributions: You can enjoy plan flexibility by further boosting your savings through lump sum contribution during the policy period as Fund Acceleration Contributions (FAC). The minimum FAC amount is Rs. 20,000 per payment.
The minimum contribution for the JS Roshan Kal Takaful plan is Rs. 20,000 per annum.
Fund Management Expertise& Investments Avenues
Your contribution is managed by experts to maximize capital growth by investing in a portfolio spread across a wide range of Shari’ah Compliant investments such as:
- Islamic mutual funds
- Approved equity markets
- Terms deposits in Islamic Banks
- Sukuk Bonds
Waqf Donation, which depends on the Takaful cover and age of the Participant, will be transferred from basic plan Contribution into Participants Takaful Fund.
Full & Partial Funds Withdrawal Opportunity
Although not advisable, but as a member of JS Roshan Kal Takaful plan, you are entitled to make withdrawals fromyour plan. Your options are as follows:
– Total cash value at any time.
– Partial withdrawal with at least Rs. 25,000 remaining as cash value.
Eligibility & Terms:The plan is available to anyone between 18 and 65 years, the maximum maturity age of the participant is 75 years. The term of the Takaful contract can vary between 10 and 25 years.
Following charges apply, on the basic Takaful Plan, are based on the principle of Wakalat-ul-Istismar:
- An Allocation Fee will be charged as Year 1: 75% – Year 2: 20% – Year 3: 10% – Year 4 and onwards: 0%
- An Administration Charge of Rs.1, 500 per annum will be applicable.
- Bid Offer Spread of 5% of Allocable Contribution will be charged.
- Investment Management Fee of 1.5% p.a. of the Fund Value will be applied. This charge will be recurring.
Illustration of Benefits
The table below illustrates the growth in the cash values of annual contribution of Rs. 50,000/- (assuming no withdrawals) of a participant of age 30 years next birthday, with conservative expected projections of 7%, 9% and 11% per annum, net of the annual management charge. The Takaful coverage under this plan shall be 20 times of the annual contribution.
|Policy Year||7% Expected Rate of Return||9% Expected Rate of Return||11% Expected Rate of Return|
|Main Plan Death Benefit||Cash Value of Regular Contribution||Main Plan Death Benefit||Cash Value of Regular Contribution||Main Plan Death Benefit||Cash Value of Regular Contribution|
- This Takaful product is underwritten by EFU Life – Window Takaful Operations. It is not guaranteed by JS Bank Limited or its affiliates and is not a JS Bank product.
- The contributions received with respect to the Takaful policies are invested by EFU Life – Window Takaful Operations as per laid down terms and conditions and is responsible for all underwriting risk.
- All Takaful Claims, charges and payments relating to the Takaful Policies shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of EFU Life – Window Takaful Operations.
- As per the directive of SECP, the values given above are based at assumed rates of return of 7%, 9% and 11% per annum. However, the actual values will depend upon the performance of the underlying investments in the EFU Takaful growth funds and can be higher or lower than the ones illustrated above. The investment risk of the selected fund shall be borne by the policyholder.
- The contributions in the plan are invested in the mentioned growth fund.
- The past performance of fund is not necessarily a guide to future performance. Any forecast made is not necessarily indicative of future or likely performance of the funds and neither EFU Life – Window Takaful Operations nor JS Bank Limited will incur any liability for the same.
- A personalized illustration of benefits will be provided to the participant by sales representative. Please refer to the notes in the illustration for detailed understanding of the various Terms and Conditions; you are required to fully understand the illustration and other terms and conditions of the plan.
- JS Bank is just a promoter and distributor of this product to its valued customers.
- Service charges and taxes will be applicable as per the Bank’s “Schedule of Charges” and taxation laws as stipulated by the relevant authorities.